Tuesday, December 26, 2006

San Servolo #1

Well, it seems this year I have to start preparing early for conference season, but if all goes well it really is going to be worth it. The first one on the line is a small one taking place in a small island near Venice, called San Servolo (the island, not the conference).
I am really exited at the opportunity of going to Italy, since I haven't gone back since leaving it behind me 14 years ago, only there's a small problem: the student admission fee is 150 Euros, while board and lodging is another 650 - that's a lot. My prof. told me to write a letter to the organizing prof. and ask him to cut me some slack and grant me "financial support".
On one hand, my prof. has the money - he's just cheap, and it really makes me uncomfortable writing and asking for support, but on the other hand, the prof. doesn't owe me anything, does he? It's not like he has any obligation to send me abroad, right?

In any case, I updated my CV, and sent it along with the letter and the registration form. All that's left is crossing my fingers.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

when do u fly?

Roy said...

if all goes well, tfu tfu tfu, 18-21 june 2007. there's still time...

Unknown said...

i cross my fingers, sounds great!