Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thursday's "links-o-plenty"

OK, so no post for a month. All I can say is that I've spent a couple of weeks completing an art paper I got a 100 for, so time well spent.
Now, here's what I bookmarked so far, in hopes of everything becoming one coherent post:

1. Blur are reuniting. It seems that this summer they'll try to have a go at it, see if they can come out with something they can sell. I guess Graham Coxon's career didn't take off like Damon Albarn's...

2. This is just too ridiculous, I heard it on the Colbert Report and had to look it up. A Japanese company called "Toto", which is "Japan's leading toilet manufacturer" had a bit of a snafu with their latest Z-series of bidet accessories - they apparently can catch fire spontaneously. All I have to say is, that what made me really laugh was what the spokesperson had too say:
"Fortunately nobody was using the toilets when the fire broke out ...the fire would have been just under your buttocks". That's just insightful.

3. Recently I've come across two new products that although seem very cool - I can't really see the point in them, no one can, for that matter. The first is a flashlight with an integrated cell phone. I can understand, maybe, an integrated camera (you know, for spying and whatnot), but this is just going a little too far. The second isn't really that far fetched, but still - it's a Tuscan TVR computer mouse. Oh, and by the way, if you are into novelty mice (and maybe into taxidermy) you might find this interesting: it's the real mouse mouse!

4. I saved the best for last. Since 1994, when I bought my first "FIFA soccer" game, there's been a constant voice in my life, and if you ever played any "EA sports" game you might have it too. Everyone I know tried at least once or twice to imitate it, you can't help it, but with this you'll be screaming "it's in the game" like a pro.


No comments: