Thursday, December 22, 2005

Pushing through

Everyone in Israel knows the most difficult part of the school-year is between Sukkoth and Chanukah, because it's the longest stretch without holydays.

Well, I just got back from a week-long conference in Eilat :-)

I really had fun: although I feel guilty about sitting through only 50% of the talks, it was the first time I've enjoyed myself in Eilat. Since it's December, the weather was incredible - despite the fact that it was quite bleak - temps where around 25 at all times… I went drinking a few times, and I even rented a bike from the hotel one day and went for a ride along the coast. Speaking of the hotel - the Herods is supposed to be a really luxurious hotel - but I was dissapointed: maybe my expectations where too high, but the room I had above the conference center wasn't really that impressive.

All-in-all, people were nice, and it was time well spent career-wise.

The hard part is crashing back to reality - I have two mid-terms right after the one-day-Chanukah-break I get from the University, and I bet the boss will NOT let me have a few days off..

No comments: