Thursday, June 21, 2007

Day 5

I'm just gonna put it out there – I still don't have the suitcase. This is ridiculous. For now I'm managing, although the charger for the camera is in there, so for now, no more pictures. Only for now, I hope.

Up until yesterday I had been quite the good boy: I went to most of the lecture sessions, and the poster session. That might give you an idea of why I haven't posted anything - I didn't think you'd be interested in spin-chemistry. Yesterday, however, I decided to skip everything and go to Murano. I wouldn't have had time to do that otherwise, and I really wanted to go. It was nice, the island is quite small and peaceful, and when you scratch the surface nothing is as big as a tourist trap as it first seemes. The same goes for the main island of Venice – at first I really though there wouldn't be much of anything besides piazza S. Marco and a gazzilion of tourists, but after coming back from Murano I managed to get lost in the northern part of the main island, crossing the Rialto and going into the more quiet part of the city. Very, very nice - more of an ambiance-soaking experience then sightseeing, but I really enjoyed it, just as much as the visit to Murano.

In any case, today Ohad will get here and god willing the suitcase will too. Tfu tfu tfu.

Next update will be from the hotel in Bologna, I hope, so check back tonight.

update #1: We're not in Bologna yet, but i think the news merit the update. The organizers of the conference went t the airport and found the suitcases there. They are on the way back here, and after I get them I'll leave to meet with Ohad. Oh, and I managed to squeez a few minutes out of the camera's battery... Good update, right?

update #2: Bologna. Suitcase. Fresh Underwear. Alfa Romea 159 1.9 TurboDisel. And to top it all off - a belly full of Pizza Rustica (tomatoes, mozzarella, salsiccia , potatoes) . Goodnight :-).

No comments: